Chef Peter is an award-winning chef whose dream is to put authentic Goan food on a global map. Here he is sharing one of his most celebrated recipes of the Goan Pork Sorpotel.
1. One kg pork
2. 12 red chillies
3. Pinch of cumin
4. 4 green Chili’s
5. 6 cloves
6. 2 onions
7. One-inch ginger next time
8. 1 pod of garlic
9. 50 grams tamarind
10. 60 mill of vinegar
- Boil the pork and cut it into small pieces.
- Keep the stock aside.
- Fry the meat a little.
- Grind the red chillies, cumin, cloves, ginger, garlic and tamarind to a fine paste.
- Cut onions and slit the green chillies and fry them in leftover oil.
- Add the ground masala and the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the meat and allow to cook.
- Serve hot after 3 days.
- Add more vinegar if required.