(Gudh & Til Aata Cookies)
When you have health on your mind and yet wanna indulge in something sweet and delicious, these cookies made of wheat, sesame seeds and jaggery are just perfect.
- Butter(Unsalted)/Margarine 100gms
- Jaggery 110gms
- Milk/Coconut Milk 25 ml
- Glucose Liquid(optional) 5ml
- Whole Wheat Flour 210gms
- Baking Powder 2gms (2 pinches)
- Custard Powder 5gms
- Sesame Seeds 5 + 10gms
- Whole Wheat Flour for Dusting 10gms
- Cookies can be made at home using a hand blender or the creaming and mixing can be done on a stone table top. So, let’s follow the basic creaming method today which can be done on the kitchen countertop.
- Place butter on the tabletop and start creaming it with the palm of your hand in a circular motion.
- Powdered the jaggery and add it little by little to the creamed butter. To that butter + jaggery mixture, start adding the milk into it. (Milk should be cold). Gradually add all the milk, keep creaming and the mixture will look fluffy and homogenous.
- Melt the liquid glucose a bit and add it to the butter + jaggery + milk mix.
- Separately mix baking powder, custard powder, and sesame seeds(5gms) in whole wheat flour.
- Now fold the flour mixture into the butter + jaggery, little at a time.
- When all of the flour mixtures are added to the butter mix, it will be formed into a soft dough.
- Keep the dough in the fridge so that it firms up a bit. (up to 10 minutes)
- Now dust the tabletop with a little flour and roll out the dough to about 3 mm thickness. Spread the sesame seeds on the top and press gently with the rolling pin.
- Now cut the cookies using a round or any shape cutter. Bake at 160 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes. Cookies can be preserved in tin or glass jars.
Ekant Jain | Images by Ekant Jain