LOCKDOWN RECIPE SERIES
Incredible Goa Food & Hospitality, have brought to you some exclusive wellness tips and healthy recipes – created by some of the best-known hospitality figures from the Taj Group of Hotels.
Today’s Lockdown Recipe is Tulsi Adrak Joshanda prepared by the Chef Shyam Longani – Executive Chef, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Goa
- Tulsi leaves 8-10 nos
- Ginger (crushed) 2 tbsp
- Honey 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
- Cinnamon (medium size) 1 stick
- Peppercorns (crushed) 6-8 nos
- Green Tea Leaves ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice 2 tbsp
- Gooseberry Juice 2 tbsp
- Water 1.25 ltrs
- Boil water in a saucepan along with ginger, green tea, turmeric powder, peppercorns and cinnamon.
- Add honey, lemon juice and amla juice to the mix.
- Infuse Tulsi leaves and cover the pan for 20 minutes and allow the mix to cool.
- Strain the liquid through a fine strainer and serve the Joshanda hot with a lemon wedge inside the glass.
- You may also keep the mix in a bottle for the next two days and serve it at room temperature.